Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Etsy Seller Feature: NatesMommyMadeIt



I recently visited Etsy shop, NatesMommyMadeIt, and immediately fell in love with owner Makisha’s reusable cloth wipes, blankets, and rag dolls, but it was the reusable sandwich and snack bags that I absolutely had to have.  NatesMommyMadeIt made me two incredibly durable reusable baggies, with a thick velcro strip to keep all contents inside. These bags are very easy to clean, and I have no need for the plastic, disposable variety anymore, so I will save money (woohoo!)! All the while, reducing my carbon footprint! I couldn’t be happier with my purchase.

I had also had the opportunity to ask Makisha some questions about her business…

How long have you been selling on Etsy?
I have been selling for a little over a year now. 

What role does Etsy play in your life?
It really has a pretty big role right now. Being a mom of two little ones and staying at home and raising them, is very important to my husband and I. My shop is a way for me to supplement our income, and continue to stay at home with my kids! 

Explain your typical day.
Ha, ha...very busy! Mornings are spent checking and replying to emails in between feeding my kids breakfast and getting them dressed. If I need to make a run to the post office, it's usually done in the morning, unless of course I have more than a couple packages. A post office trip with 8 packages, a four year old, and a two year old, don't mix very well for anyone involved! Those trips are saved for the evening when my husband gets home and I get to sneak off for a quiet trip alone.

During the day, I try to focus on the kids as much as possible, although some days I really do have to just get some work done. I am fortunate that my kids love doing crafts, and I can usually keep them busy with a pile of fabric or other crafts. My husband has graciously offered to take over "bath time" and I get some free time in the evenings to get a little sewing in. Most of my "work time" comes after the kids are in bed for the night. It makes for a long day!

Tell me about your product(s).
I sell a wide variety of baby and children's items. Baby blankets, reusable cloth wipes, dolls and stuffed animals and reusable sandwich/snack bags. All of the items in my shop you will see in my own home! I hope that others can get as much pleasure and joy out of my creations as we do.
 
What advice do you have for new Etsy sellers?
I would say go for it! If you want to become successful, you have to put a lot of hard work and dedication into it. Join a few great teams, get involved with the Etsy community, ask for advice and don't give up! 

Anything else you'd like to add?
I feel very lucky that I have found Etsy. I have met a lot of really nice people, and have the most fabulous customers!!

Check out all of NatesMommyMadeIt's items at http://www.natesmommymadeit.etsy.com/!

1 comment:

  1. you did it got your 50 ...great blog. following from etsy blog team...

    ReplyDelete